Live: Virtual Workshop EMDR Integrative Attachment Trauma Protocol (IATP-C) for Children
EMDR Integrative Attachment Trauma Protocol (IATP-C) for Children
Debra Wesselmann, MS LIMHP, Cathy Schweitzer, MS, LIMHP
Stefanie Armstrong, MS, LIMHP
Training for EMDR Clinicians that have completed EMDR Basic Training I and II
12 Hour LIVE Virtual Course
12 EMDR Institute Licensure Credits
12 EMDRIA Credits
*SPONSORED BY THE EMDR INSTITUTE*
This LIVE virtual workshop consists of three 4-hour virtual presentations. Watch and listen from the comfort of anywhere as Deb, Cathy, and Stefanie teach the steps of the IATP model through a colorful PowerPoint presentation, case presentations, and over thirty videos of their work with traumatized children.
Friday and Saturday – May 3-4, 2019
Friday – May 10, 2019
LIVE Virtual Workshop from your own personal device! (Laptop, computer, Ipad, etc.)
May 3-4, 2019 10:00-2:00 pm CDT (8 CEs)
May 10, 2019 10:00-2:00 pm CDT (4 CEs)
$395 – with CE credits ( EMDR and EMDRIA credits)
$375 – with CE credits for NON-PROFIT organizations
Non-Profit organizations must submit a copy of their letterhead upon registration to email@example.com
Register by March 26th to receive SUPER EARLY BIRD!
This 12 hour LIVE virtual workshop is intended for clinicians who have completed EMDR basic training. Level of difficulty: Intermediate.
Learn to implement EMDR to strengthen attachments, develop self-regulation, and heal attachment wounds rooted in a history of abuse, neglect, early medical trauma, or changes in caregivers through slides, case presentations, and over 30 videos of our work with severely traumatized, complex children. You will be able to immediately apply innovative strategies and help children with even the most severe behaviors, including stealing, lying, aggression, sexualized behaviors, elimination problems, and defiance.
This is a practical workshop that is rich with creative interventions, inspiring cases, and numerous videos that will allow you to leave the workshop prepared to:
- Involve parents in “detective work” to understand child behaviors from the AIP model.
- Facilitate the development of self-awareness and self-regulation skills in children.
- Process preverbal trauma with EMDR through the therapeutic story.
- Help parents attune and respond with sensitivity to the emotions and traumatic memories underlying the child’s behaviors.
- Implement EMDR Attachment Resource Development (ARD) to enhance parent-child attachment prior to memory work.
- Apply EMDR Self Regulation Development and Installation (SRDI) to increase affect and behavioral regulation.
- Utilize EMDR empowerment interweaves and other creative interweaves for children with stuck thinking.
- Use puppets, plays and stories to help children process the past with EMDR.
- Heal and find safety for the “inner child within the child.”
- Use EMDR with role plays to process current triggers and develop future templates.
- Learn to develop collaborative relationships with colleagues to create an effective family-EMDR treatment team.
Debra Wesselmann, MS, LIMHP, Cathy Schweitzer, MS, LIMHP, and Stefanie Armstrong, MS, LIMHP, are internationally known trauma specialists, trainers, and co-authors. The presenters also offer individual and group parent coaching. Learn More →
- Develop an EMDR treatment plan for a child with a history of attachment trauma.
- Identify an EMDR resource development method to increase the sense of attachment security between parent and child.
- Identify an EMDR resource development method to increase the child’s ability to regulate emotions.
- Name a rationale for keeping parents present during EMDR trauma work.
- Identify 3 common obstacles to reprocessing during the desensitization for children suffering from attachment trauma.
- Describe 3 “empowerment interweaves” for a child stuck in feelings of powerlessness.
- Name a rationale for the utilization of puppets, plays, stories, or drawings to target a small piece of the child’s traumatic past.
- Name a strategy for implementing future template with children who are concrete, hands-on learners.
Case conceptualization through the AIP lensPresenting the concept of the smaller hurt child within the child to parents and children
Strengthening positive affect through Resource Development and Installation (RDI) with children of all ages
Attachment Resource Development (ARD)–Reinforcing messages of love for the child and for the younger hurt child within the child, the Magical Cord of Love, Safe Place for the Child Within
(ARD) Affirmations through Songs. Brain Work–Developing mindfulness, self-talk, and self-soothing skills in children
Self-regulation development and installation (S-RDI)–Developing and reinforcing the experience of moving from dysregulation to regulation
Safe trauma work piece by piece
Timeline and therapeutic story
Puppets, plays, and stories
Accessing current triggers and overcoming obstacles for reprocessing
Interweaves and current trigger work
Expanding window of tolerance through feelings brain/thinking brain
APA: EMDR Institute, Inc., is approved by the American Psychological Association to offer continuing education for psychologists. EMDR Institute, Inc., maintains responsibility for this program and its contents.
RN: EMDR Institute, Inc is a provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number 9755.
EMDR Institute, provider #1206, is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (www.aswb.org) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved as ACE providers.
State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing
education credit. EMDR Institute maintains responsibility for this course. ACE approval period: 8/10/17-8/10/20. Social workers completing this course receive 12 clinical social work continuing education credits.
This course is NOT available for NBCC Credit
EMDRIA: Approval #01007-51
IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS:
Please contact Angi DeCapp at firstname.lastname@example.org
***EMDRIA APPROVAL # 01007- for EMDRIA CREDITS***
Register by March 26th to receive $40 OFF!!
Register by April 19th to receive $20 OFF!!
Refund policy: 100% refund if cancellation is 30 days prior. 50% refund if cancellation is 15 days prior. LIVE presentations will be recorded and available for watching until June 10, 2019.
List of Current Clinician Trainings:
- EMDR Integrative Attachment Trauma Protocol for Children
On Demand 12 Hour Video Course (Learn more and register HERE)
- Integrative Attachment Trauma Family Therapy: The Family Therapy Component of the IATP-C Model
On Demand 9 Hour Video Course (Learn more and register HERE)
- Beyond Desensitization: Expanding Children’s Window of Tolerance with EMDR Therapy
On Demand 6 Hour Video Course (Learn more and register HERE)
- EMDR with Children and their Family using the IATP-C Model- 2-day training
LIVE: Toronto, Ontario Training (Learn More)