On Demand 6 Hour Video Course
Beyond Desensitization: Expanding Children’s Window Of Tolerance with EMDR Therapy
Virtual EMDR Specialty Workshop for EMDR Clinicians
Presenters: Debra Wesselmann, MS, LIMHP, Cathy Schweitzer, MS, LIMHP and Stefanie Armstrong, MS, LIMHP
This 6 hour virtual workshop is intended for master’s level or doctoral level clinicians who are EMDR trained.
Level of difficulty: Intermediate.
6 Hour Video Course
6 CE credits approved by Ce-classes.com
6 EMDRIA Credits
The webinar consists of two 3-hour pre-recorded videos. Watch and listen from the comfort of anywhere as Deb, Cathy, and Stefanie teach the steps to implement EMDR therapy with the goal of expanding children’s feelings tolerance to ordinary daily stressors and eliminating meltdowns, aggression, and other reactive behaviors. Lecture and videos will illustrate creative methods for activating emotions in session, playful methods of engaging children in processing, and interweaves to activate processing, strengthen emotional coping, and deepen the experience of self-regulation.
Debra Wesselmann, MS, LIMHP, Cathy Schweitzer, MS, LIMHP and Stefanie Armstrong MS, LIMHP are internationally known trauma specialists, trainers, and co-authors. The presenters also offer individual and group parent coaching. Learn More →
- Describe the type of behavior observed in children who with impaired processing due to poor self-awareness, poor development of the prefrontal brain, and a narrow window of tolerance.
- Name one preparation activity that helps children and parents gain insight into ordinary triggers, feelings, thoughts, and behaviors without activating shame.
- Give an example of a “coaching” interweave that can be used to help a child have the experience of self-regulation during current trigger processing.
- Name an interweave that involves the EMDR therapist articulating the child’s irrational thoughts and feelings, while inviting the child to activate his “thinking brain” in response.
- Describe a useful way to encourage new behavioral responses through EMDR future rehearsal for children with behavioral dysregulation.
- Name a method designed to reinforce the child’s experience of moving from a regulated to a dysregulated state.
- Identifying Impaired Processing in Traumatized Children
- Activating the Thinking Brain and De-escalating Shame
- Strengthening Children’s Capacity for Processing
- Increasing Mentalization through Dominoes
- Widening the Window with EMDR and Songs, Raps, and the 2-Drawings Method
- Interactive and Ego State Cognitive Interweaves
- Bringing Them Back to the Touchstones
- Fun with Future Templates
The American Psychological Association (APA) Ce-Classes.com is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Ce-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) CE-Classes.com, provider #1142, is approved as a provider for social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) www.aswb.org, through the Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. CE-Classes.com maintains responsibility for the program. ASWB Approval Period: 1/5/2017-1/5/2020. Social workers should contact their regulatory board to determine course approval.
Social workers participating in this course will receive 6 Clinical continuing education clock hours.
- This course is NOT available for NBCC credit
- Licensed professionals should contact their regulatory board to determine course approval
- The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling Provider #852 BAP-Expires 3/31/2019
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences. Ce-Classes.com is approved to provide continuing education by the following professional organizations: ASWB and APA. The California Board of Behavioral Sciences, BBS, recognizes relevant course work/training that has been approved by these nationally recognized certifying bodies to satisfy renewal requirements.
- The California Association of Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Counselors (CAADAC) Provider Number OS-12-174-1116 Expires 11-2018
- The Texas Board of Social Work Examiners, Continuing Education Provider – 5674 expires 4/30/2018.
- The Texas Board of Professional Counselors, Continuing Education Provider – 1622 expires 2/28/2018.
- Massachusetts Authorization Number: 1698
- Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board – Provider # RCST031201 Expires 5/31/2019
- New York Social Work Board NYSED Provider #120
- The Florida Board of Nursing (CE Provider #: 50-4896) Expires 10/31/2018 Do not send certificates to the Florida Board of Nursing. You must keep this certificate for 4 years.
- The California Board of Registered Nursing. CEP 15647 Expires 11/30/2018.
Questions please contact: email@example.com *EMDRIA CEs Approval #01007-DL44
We also offer group rates! contact firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more
Please note: once you have created an account, an email will be sent to you from ATCI to complete payment for the course and gain access. It is important to use an email to create your account that you plan to use to access the course in the future.
Refund policy: No refunds once registration is complete.
Viewing policy: 90 days from registration for the class. Viewing time beyond the 90 days will result in a $25 fee for a two week viewing extension.
List of Current Clinician Trainings:
- EMDR Integrative Attachment Trauma Protocol for Children
On Demand 12 Hour Video Course (Learn more and register HERE)
- Family Therapy Component of the Integrative Attachment Trauma Protocol
On Demand 9 Hour Video Course (Learn more and register HERE)
- EMDR Integrative Attachment Trauma Protocol (IATP-C) for Children- 2-day training
LIVE: Colorado Training (Learn More)
- Family Therapy Component of the Integrative Attachment Trauma Protocol (IATP-C) for Children
LIVE: Omaha Training (Learn More)
- EMDR with Children and their Family using the IATP-C Model- 2-day training
LIVE: Toronto, Ontario Training (Learn More)