Beyond Desensitization Virtual Workshop: Expanding Children's Window of Tolerance with EMDR Therapy
Virtual EMDR Specialty Workshop
Presenters: Debra Wesselmann, MS, LIMHP, Cathy Schweitzer, MS, LMHP and Stefanie Armstrong, MS, LIMHP
SPONSORED BY THE EMDR INSTITUTE
6 CE Credits
During this 2-day virtual workshop, participants will learn to implement EMDR therapy with the goal of expanding children’s feelings tolerance to ordinary daily stressors and eliminating meltdowns, aggression, and other reactive behaviors. Lecture and videos will illustrate creative methods for activating emotions in session, playful methods of engaging children in processing, and interweaves to activate processing, strengthen emotional coping, and deepen the experience of self-regulation.
March 23-24, 2018
Virtual Workshop through Zoom
(registrants will need internet access and a personal computer or mobile device)
March 23rd – Module 1 from 12-3 pm CDT
March 24th- Module 2 from 12-3 CDT
$208 with CEs for relicensure- MUST BE VIEWED LIVE FOR CEs
$168 without CEs for relicensure
*Participants who choose not to receive CEs for relicensure will be given access to the recorded presentation*
Register by March 1st to receive SUPER EARLYBIRD!!
Please note: If you are non-profit please send a copy of your letterhead to Angi DeCapp @ email@example.com.
Debra Wesselmann, MS, LIMHP, Cathy Schweitzer, MS, LMHP and Stefanie Armstrong MS, LIMHP are internationally known trauma specialists, trainers, and co-authors. The presenters also offer individual and group parent coaching. Learn More →
- Describe the type of behavior observed in children who with impaired processing due to poor self-awareness, poor development of the prefrontal brain, and a narrow window of tolerance.
- Name one preparation activity that helps children and parents gain insight into ordinary triggers, feelings, thoughts, and behaviors without activating shame.
- Give an example of a “coaching” interweave that can be used to help a child have the experience of self-regulation during current trigger processing.
- Name an interweave that involves the EMDR therapist articulating the child’s irrational thoughts and feelings, while inviting the child to activate his “thinking brain” in response.
- Describe a useful way to encourage new behavioral responses through EMDR future rehearsal for children with behavioral dysregulation.
- Name a method designed to reinforce the child’s experience of moving from a regulated to a dysregulated state.
12:00-1:00 Identifying Impaired Processing in Traumatized Children
1:00-2:00 Activating the Thinking Brain and De-escalating Shame
2:00-2:30 Strengthening Children’s Capacity for Processing
2:30-3:00 Increasing Mentalization through Dominoes
12:00-1:00 Widening the Window with EMDR and Songs, Raps, and the 2-Drawings Method
1:00-2:00 Interactive and Ego State Cognitive Interweaves
2:00-2:30 Bringing Them Back to the Touchstones
2:30-3:00 Fun with Future Templates
APA: EMDR Institute, Inc., is approved by the American Psychological Association to offer continuing education for psychologists. EMDR Institute, Inc., maintains responsibility for this program and its contents.
RN: EMDR Institute, Inc is a provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number 9755.
ASWB: EMDR Institute, provider #1206, is an approved provider for SW continuing education by the Association of SW Boards (www.aswb.org), through the Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. EMDR Institute maintains responsibility for the program. ASWB Approval Period: 8/10/14-8/10/17. Social workers should contact their regulatory board to determine course approval for ce credits. Social workers participating in day 1 of this course will receive 7 clinical social work ce clock hours and those that participate in all 3 days will receive 19 clinical social work ce clock hours.
EMDRIA: Approval #
Zoom Downloading Information
To download Zoom to your device or for information on how to login, please visit:
Questions please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org *EMDR Institute, Inc., maintains responsibility for this program and its contents *EMDRIA CEs Approval #01007-40
Click the registration link below to register for this live event!
Register by March 1st and SAVE $30!!
100% refundable 30 days prior. 50% refundable 15 days prior.
List of Current Clinician Trainings:
- EMDR Integrative Attachment Trauma Protocol for Children
On Demand 12 Hour Video Course (Learn more and register HERE)
- Family Therapy Component of the Integrative Attachment Trauma Protocol
On Demand 9 Hour Video Course (Learn more and register HERE)
- EMDR and Family Therapy Integrative Attachment Trauma Protocol for Children
LIVE: OMAHA TRAINING (Learn more and register HERE)