Live: Virtual Workshop EMDR Integrative Attachment Trauma Protocol (IATP) for Children
EMDR Integrative Attachment Trauma Protocol (IATP-C) for Children
Debra Wesselmann, MS LIMHP, Cathy Schweitzer, MS, LIMHP, Stefanie Armstrong, MS, LIMHP
Training for EMDR Clinicians that have completed EMDR Basic Training I and II
12 Hour LIVE Virtual Course
12 EMDR Institute Licensure Credits
12 EMDRIA Credits
This LIVE virtual workshop consists of four 3-hour virtual presentations. Watch and listen from the comfort of anywhere as Deb, Cathy, and Stefanie teach the steps of the IATP model through a colorful PowerPoint presentation, case presentations, and over thirty videos of their work with traumatized children.
October 5th-6th, 2018
October 12th-13th, 2018
LIVE Virtual Workshop from your own personal device! (Laptop, computer, Ipad, etc.)
October 5th-6th, 2018 12:00-3:00 pm CDT (6 CEs)
October 12th-13th, 2018 12:00-3:00 pm CDT (6 CEs)
$395 – with CE credits ( EMDR and EMDRIA credits)
$375 – with CE credits for NON-PROFIT organizations
Non-Profit organizations must submit a copy of their letterhead upon registration to firstname.lastname@example.org
Register by September 5th to receive SUPER EARLY BIRD!
This 12 hour LIVE virtual workshop is intended for clinicians who have completed EMDR basic training. Level of difficulty: Intermediate.
Learn to implement EMDR to strengthen attachments, develop self-regulation, and heal attachment wounds rooted in a history of abuse, neglect, early medical trauma, or changes in caregivers through slides, case presentations, and over 30 videos of our work with severely traumatized, complex children. You will be able to immediately apply innovative strategies and help children with even the most severe behaviors, including stealing, lying, aggression, sexualized behaviors, elimination problems, and defiance.
This is a practical workshop that is rich with creative interventions, inspiring cases, and numerous videos that will allow you to leave the workshop prepared to:
- Involve parents in “detective work” to understand child behaviors from the AIP model.
- Facilitate the development of self-awareness and self-regulation skills in children.
- Process preverbal trauma with EMDR through the therapeutic story.
- Help parents attune and respond with sensitivity to the emotions and traumatic memories underlying the child’s behaviors.
- Implement EMDR Attachment Resource Development (ARD) to enhance parent-child attachment prior to memory work.
- Apply EMDR Self Regulation Development and Installation (SRDI) to increase affect and behavioral regulation.
- Utilize EMDR empowerment interweaves and other creative interweaves for children with stuck thinking.
- Use puppets, plays and stories to help children process the past with EMDR.
- Heal and find safety for the “inner child within the child.”
- Use EMDR with role plays to process current triggers and develop future templates.
- Learn to develop collaborative relationships with colleagues to create an effective family-EMDR treatment team.
Debra Wesselmann, MS, LIMHP, Cathy Schweitzer, MS, LIMHP, and Stefanie Armstrong, MS, LIMHP, are internationally known trauma specialists, trainers, and co-authors. The presenters also offer individual and group parent coaching. Learn More →
- Develop an EMDR treatment plan for a child with a history of attachment trauma.
- Identify an EMDR resource development method to increase the sense of attachment security between parent and child.
- Identify an EMDR resource development method to increase the child’s ability to regulate emotions.
- Name a rationale for keeping parents present during EMDR trauma work.
- Identify 3 common obstacles to reprocessing during the desensitization for children suffering from attachment trauma.
- Describe 3 “empowerment interweaves” for a child stuck in feelings of powerlessness.
- Name a rationale for the utilization of puppets, plays, stories, or drawings to target a small piece of the child’s traumatic past.
- Name a strategy for implementing future template with children who are concrete, hands-on learners.
12:00-1:00 Case conceptualization through the AIP lens
1:00-1:30 Presenting the concept of the smaller hurt child within the child to parents and children
1:30-2:00 Strengthening positive affect through Resource Development and Installation (RDI) with children of all ages
2:00-3:00 Attachment Resource Development (ARD)–Reinforcing messages of love for the child and for the younger hurt child within the child, the Magical Cord of Love, Safe Place for the Child Within
12:00-12:15 (ARD) Affirmations through Songs.
12:15-12:45 Brain Work–Developing mindfulness, self-talk, and self-soothing skills in children
12:45-1:30 Self-regulation development and installation (S-RDI)–Developing and reinforcing the experience of moving from dysregulation to regulation
1:30-2:15 Assessment phase
2:00-3:15 Creative Interweaves
12:00-1:30 Safe trauma work piece by piece
1:30-2:00 Timeline and therapeutic story
2:00-3:00 Puppets, plays, and stories
12:00-1:00 Accessing current triggers and overcoming obstacles for reprocessing
1:00-2:00 Interweaves and current trigger work
2:00-2:30 Expanding window of tolerance through feelings brain/thinking brain
RN: EMDR Institute, Inc is a provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number 9755.
ASWB: EMDR Institute, provider #1206, is an approved provider for SW continuing education by the Association of SW Boards (www.aswb.org), through the Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. EMDR Institute maintains responsibility for the program. Social workers should contact their regulatory board to determine course approval for ce credits.
This course is NOT available for NBCC credit
EMDRIA: Approval #01007-42
IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS:
Please contact Angi DeCapp at email@example.com
***EMDRIA APPROVAL # 01007-42 for EMDRIA CREDITS***
Register by September 5th to receive $40 OFF!!
Register by September 28th to receive $20 OFF!!
Refund policy: 100% refund if cancellation is 30 days prior. 50% refund if cancellation is 15 days prior. LIVE presentations will be recorded and available for watching until November 30th, 2018.
List of Current Clinician Trainings:
- EMDR Integrative Attachment Trauma Protocol for Children
On Demand 12 Hour Video Course (Learn more and register HERE)
- Family Therapy Component of the Integrative Attachment Trauma Protocol
On Demand 9 Hour Video Course (Learn more and register HERE)
- Beyond Desensitization: Expanding Children’s Window of Tolerance with EMDR Therapy
On Demand 6 Hour Video Course (Learn more and register HERE)
- EMDR & Family Therapy Integrative Attachment Trauma Protocol (IATP-C) for Children
LIVE: Omaha Training (Learn More)
- Integrative Attachment Trauma Protocol (IATP-C) for Children
LIVE: New Jersey Training (Learn More)
- EMDR Integrative Attachment Trauma Protocol (IATP-C) for Children- 2-day training
LIVE: St. Louis Training (Learn More)