Live: Virtual Workshop Family Therapy Component of the Integrative Attachment Trauma Protocol (IATP-C)
Family Therapy Component of the Integrative Attachment Trauma Child Protocol (IATP-C)
Help for Traumatized Children and Their Families
Debra Wesselmann, MS, LIMHP, Cathy Schweitzer, MS, LMHP and Stefanie Armstrong, MS, LIMHP
Training for EMDR and Non-EMDR Mental Health Practitioners
9 Hour LIVE Virtual Course
9 EMDR Institute Licensure CEs pending approval
9 EMDRIA Credits
This LIVE virtual workshop consists of three 3-hour virtual presentations. Watch and listen from the comfort of anywhere as Deb, Cathy, and Stefanie teach the steps of the IATP model through a colorful PowerPoint presentation, case presentations, and over thirty videos of their work with traumatized children.
June 8th-9th, 2018 June 15th, 2018
LIVE Virtual workshop from your own personal device! (Laptop, computer, ipad, etc.)
June 8th-9th, 2018 12:00 pm- 3:00 pm CDT (6 CEs) June 15th, 2018 12:00-3:00 pm CDT (3 CEs)
$310 – with CE credits ( EMDR and EMDRIA credits)
Register by May 11th to receive SUPER EARLYBIRD!
This 9 hour LIVE virtual workshop is intended for master’s level or doctoral level clinicians. Level of difficulty: Intermediate.
Learn the family therapy component of the integrative protocol to help children with severe behaviors such as lying, stealing, aggression, sexualized behaviors, and elimination problems. Shift parents from understanding their children as behavior problems to understanding them through the lens of trauma. Coach parents in methods that help heal and integrate their child’s brain. Learn to utilize “detective work” and the “domino method,” remove shame and create new insight for parents and children. Identify children’s negative beliefs and triggers and understand their traumatic origins. Create awareness and compassion for the inner child within the child and create a therapeutic story for healing. Learn to integrate the family therapy component with EMDR as a solo therapist or through a collaborative team for the most efficient resolution of symptoms and behaviors in traumatized children.
- Learn to integrate the family therapy component with EMDR.
- Implement the protocol as a solo EMDR therapist or through collaboration with an EMDR therapist.
- View numerous videos of work with severe trauma cases.
You will leave the workshop prepared to:
- Show parents how to make sense of the severe behaviors of their complex child through the lens of trauma.
- Identify signs of attachment disorganization related to early maltreatment or loss.
- Coach parents in managing “downstairs” meltdowns and other severe behaviors.
- Implement detective work in a non-shaming manner during family therapy to identify triggers, beliefs, and traumas driving problem behaviors.
- Implement the domino method to remove shame and help children and parents interrupt dysfunctional patterns.
- Help children strengthen their “most grown-up” self.
- Help children and parents develop compassion for the “hurt smaller child within.”
- Help avoidant children begin addressing traumatic memories and making sense of their past through psychoeducation and timeline activities.
- Write an effective therapeutic story for healing attachment trauma for children in permanent placements, foster care, or residential care.
- Teach and practice self-regulation, communication, and prosocial skills with traumatized children and their parents.
Debra Wesselmann, MS, LIMHP, Cathy Schweitzer, MS, LMHP, and Stefanie Armstrong, MS, LIMHP, are internationally known trauma specialists, trainers, and co-authors. The presenters also offer individual and group parent coaching. Learn More →
- Complete the history-taking checklist regarding a hypothetical child case, identifying the child’s problem behaviors, early traumas, possible negative beliefs, and triggers.
- Identify 3 reminders for parents that can help parents become more attuned and supportive of the traumatized child.
- Identify 2 rationale for introducing the concept of “the smaller child within the child.”
- Identify 3 questions to help parents and child understand and interrupt “the domino effect.”
- Name 2 errors that can change the written therapeutic story from therapeutic to non-therapeutic.
12:00-1:00 Conceptualization of Attachment Trauma through AIP Model and Overview of Integrative Model
1:00-2:00 Helping Parents Respond with Attunement
2:00-3:00 Mindfulness/Recognizing the Smaller Child Within
Module Two (June 9th, 2018):
1:30-3:00 Detective Work
Module Three (June 15th, 2018):
1:30-2:30 Therapeutic Story
2:30-3:00 Dissociation/Q & A
RN: EMDR Institute, Inc is a provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number 9755.
ASWB: EMDR Institute, provider #1206, is an approved provider for SW continuing education by the Association of SW Boards (www.aswb.org), through the Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. EMDR Institute maintains responsibility for the program. ASWB Approval Period: 8/10/14-8/10/17. Social workers should contact their regulatory board to determine course approval for ce credits. Social workers participating in day 1 of this course will receive 7 clinical social work ce clock hours and those that participate in all 3 days will receive 19 clinical social work ce clock hours.
EMDRIA: Approval #01007-41
IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS: Please contact Angi DeCapp at email@example.com
***EMDRIA APPROVAL #01007-41 EMDRIA CREDITS***
If you are with a non-profit, contact firstname.lastname@example.org about the non-profit discount.
Register by May 11th to receive $40 OFF!!
Refund policy: 100% refund if cancellation is 30 days prior. 50% refund if cancellation is 15 days prior. LIVE presentations will be recorded and available for watching until July 31, 2018.
List of Current Clinician Trainings:
- EMDR Integrative Attachment Trauma Protocol for Children On Demand 12 Hour Video Course (Learn more and register HERE)
- Family Therapy Component of the Integrative Attachment Trauma Protocol On Demand 9 Hour Video Course (Learn more and register HERE)
- Beyond Desensitization: Virtual Workshop LIVE: Virtual Workshop and On Demand 6 Hour Video Course ( Learn more and register HERE)
- EMDR Integrative Attachment Trauma Protocol (IATP-C) for Children
LIVE: Virtual Workshop (Learn More)
- EMDR & Family Therapy Integrative Attachment Trauma Protocol (IATP-C) for Children
LIVE: Omaha Training (Learn More)
- EMDR Integrative Attachment Trauma Protocol (IATP-C) for Children- 2-day training
LIVE: St. Louis Training (Learn More)