On Demand 12 Hour Video Course
EMDR Integrative Attachment Trauma Protocol for Children: Virtual Workshop
Debra Wesselmann, MS LIMHP, Cathy Schweitzer, MS, LMHP, Stefanie Armstrong, MS, LIMHP
12 Hour Video Course
12 CE credits approved by Ce-classes.com
12 EMDRIA credits
The webinar consists of four 3-hour pre-recorded videos. Watch and listen from the comfort of anywhere as Deb, Cathy, and Stefanie teach the steps of the IATP model through a colorful PowerPoint presentation, case presentations, and over thirty videos of their work with traumatized children.
This 12 hour on demand course is intended for clinicians who have completed EMDR basic training. Level of difficulty: Intermediate.
Learn to implement EMDR to strengthen attachments, develop self-regulation, and heal attachment wounds rooted in a history of abuse, neglect, early medical trauma, or changes in caregivers through slides, case presentations, and over 30 videos of our work with severely traumatized, complex children. You will be able to immediately apply innovative strategies and help children with even the most severe behaviors, including stealing, lying, aggression, sexualized behaviors, elimination problems, and defiance.
This is a practical workshop that is rich with creative interventions, inspiring cases, and numerous videos that will allow you to leave the workshop prepared to:
- Involve parents in “detective work” to understand child behaviors from the AIP model.
- Facilitate the development of self-awareness and self-regulation skills in children.
- Process preverbal trauma with EMDR through the therapeutic story.
- Help parents attune and respond with sensitivity to the emotions and traumatic memories underlying the child’s behaviors.
- Implement EMDR Attachment Resource Development (ARD) to enhance parent-child attachment prior to memory work.
- Apply EMDR Self Regulation Development and Installation (SRDI) to increase affect and behavioral regulation.
- Utilize EMDR empowerment interweaves and other creative interweaves for children with stuck thinking.
- Use puppets, plays and stories to help children process the past with EMDR.
- Heal and find safety for the “inner child within the child.”
- Use EMDR with role plays to process current triggers and develop future templates.
- Learn to develop collaborative relationships with colleagues to create an effective family-EMDR treatment team.
Debra Wesselmann, MS, LIMHP, Cathy Schweitzer, MS, LMHP, and Stefanie Armstrong, MS, LIMHP, are internationally known trauma specialists, trainers, and co-authors. The presenters also offer individual and group parent coaching. Learn More →
- Complete the history-taking checklist regarding a hypothetical child case, identifying the child’s problem behaviors, early traumas, possible negative beliefs, and triggers.
- Identify 3 reminders for parents that can help parents become more attuned and supportive of the traumatized child.
- Identify 2 rationale for introducing the concept of “the smaller child within the child.”
- Identify 3 questions to help parents and child understand and interrupt “the domino effect.”
- Name 2 errors that can change the written therapeutic story from therapeutic to non-therapeutic.
- Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) CE-Classes.com, provider #1142, is approved as a provider for social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) www.aswb.org, through the Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. CE-Classes.com maintains responsibility for the program. ASWB Approval Period: 1/5/2017-1/5/2020. Social workers should contact their regulatory board to determine course approval.
- This course is NOT available for NBCC credit
- The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling Provider #852 BAP-Expires 3/31/2019
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences. Ce-Classes.com is approved to provide continuing education by the following professional organizations: ASWB and APA. The California Board of Behavioral Sciences, BBS, recognizes relevant course work/training that has been approved by these nationally recognized certifying bodies to satisfy renewal requirements.
- The California Association of Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Counselors (CAADAC) Provider Number OS-12-174-1116 Expires 11-2018
- The Texas Board of Social Work Examiners, Continuing Education Provider – 5674 expires 4/30/2018.
- The Texas Board of Professional Counselors, Continuing Education Provider – 1622 expires 2/28/2018.
- Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board – Provider # RCST031201 Expires 5/31/2019
- New York Social Work Board NYSED Provider #120
- The Florida Board of Nursing (CE Provider #: 50-4896) Expires 10/31/2018 Do not send certificates to the Florida Board of Nursing. You must keep this certificate for 4 years.
- The California Board of Registered Nursing. CEP 15647 Expires 11/30/2018.
IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS:
Please contact Angi DeCapp at email@example.com
***EMDRIA APPROVAL # 01007-DL34 for EMDRIA CREDITS***
Please note: once you have created an account, an email will be sent to you from ATCI to complete payment for the course and gain access. It is important to use an email to create your account that you plan to use to access the course in the future.
Refund policy: No refunds once registration is complete.
Viewing policy: 90 days from registration for the class. Viewing time beyond the 90 days will result in a $25 fee for a two week viewing extension.
List of Current Clinician Trainings:
- EMDR Integrative Attachment Trauma Protocol for Children
On Demand 12 Hour Video Course (Learn more and register HERE)
- Family Therapy Component of the Integrative Attachment Trauma Protocol
On Demand 9 Hour Video Course (Learn more and register HERE)
- EMDR and Family Therapy Integrative Attachment Trauma Protocol for Children
LIVE: OMAHA TRAINING (Learn more and register HERE)
- Beyond Desensitization: Virtual Workshop
LIVE: Virtual Workshop and On Demand 6 Hour Video Course ( Learn more and register HERE)