On Demand 12 Hour Video Course
UPDATED PAGE COMING SOON!
EMDR Integrative Attachment Trauma Protocol for Children: Virtual Workshop
Debra Wesselmann, MS, LIMHP, Cathy Schweitzer, MS, LIMHP, and
Stefanie Armstrong, MS, LIMHP
Training for EMDR Mental Health Practitioners
12 Hour Video Course
12 CE credits approved by Ce-classes.com
12 EMDRIA Credits
Learn to implement EMDR to strengthen attachments, develop self-regulation, and heal attachment wounds rooted in a history of abuse, neglect, early medical trauma, or changes in caregivers through slides, case presentations, and over 30 videos of our work with severely traumatized, complex children. You will be able to immediately apply innovative strategies and help children with even the most severe behaviors, including stealing, lying, aggression, sexualized behaviors, elimination problems, and defiance.
This is a practical workshop that is rich with creative interventions, inspiring cases, and numerous videos that will allow you to leave the workshop prepared to:
- Involve parents in “detective work” to understand child behaviors from the AIP model.
- Facilitate the development of self-awareness and self-regulation skills in children.
- Process preverbal trauma with EMDR through the therapeutic story.
- Help parents attune and respond with sensitivity to the emotions and traumatic memories underlying the child’s behaviors.
- Implement EMDR Attachment Resource Development (ARD) to enhance parent-child attachment prior to memory work.
- Apply EMDR Self Regulation Development and Installation (SRDI) to increase affect and behavioral regulation.
- Utilize EMDR empowerment interweaves and other creative interweaves for children with stuck thinking.
- Use puppets, plays and stories to help children process the past with EMDR.
- Heal and find safety for the “inner child within the child.”
- Use EMDR with role plays to process current triggers and develop future templates.
- Learn to develop collaborative relationships with colleagues to create and effective family-EMDR treatment plan.
Debra Wesselmann, MS, LIMHP, Cathy Schweitzer, MS, LIMHP, and Stefanie Armstrong, MS, LIMHP, are internationally known trauma specialists, trainers, and co-authors. The presenters also offer individual and group parent coaching. Learn More →
- Develop an EMDR treatment plan for a child with a history of attachment trauma.
- Identify an EMDR resource development method to increase the sense of attachment security between parent and child.
- Identify an EMDR resource development method to increase the child’s ability to regulate emotions.
- Name a rationale for keeping parents present during EMDR trauma work.
- Identify 3 common obstacles to reprocessing during the desensitization for children suffering from attachment trauma.
- Describe 3 “empowerment interweaves” for a child stuck in feelings of powerlessness.
- Name a rationale for the utilization of puppets, plays, stories, or drawings to target a small piece of the child’s traumatic past.
- Name a strategy for implementing future template with children who are concrete, hands-on learners.
- Case conceptualization through the AIP lens
- Presenting the concept of the smaller hurt child within the child to parents and children
- Strengthening positive affect through Resource Development and Installation (RDI) with children of all ages
- Attachment Resource Development (ARD)–Reinforcing messages of love for the child and for the younger hurtchild within the child, the Magical Cord of Love, Safe Place for the Child Within
- (ARD) Affirmations through Songs.
- Brain Work–Developing mindfulness, self-talk, and self-soothing skills in children
- Self-regulation development and installation (S-RDI)–Developing and reinforcing the experience of movingfrom dysregulation to regulation
- Assessment phase
- Creative Interweaves
- Safe trauma work piece by piece
- Timeline and therapeutic story
- Puppets, plays, and stories
- Accessing current triggers and overcoming obstacles for reprocessing
- Interweaves and current trigger work
- Expanding window of tolerance through feelings brain/thinking brain
- Developing and reinforcing future templates in children with concrete thinking
Ce-Classes.com is approved by:
- This training does not offer ASWB ACE credit to social workers.
- This course is NOT available for NBCC credit
- The American Psychological Association (APA) Ce-Classes.com is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Ce-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- Florida Certification Board
- The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling Provider #852 BAP-Expires 3/31/2021
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences. Ce-Classes.com is approved to provide continuing education by the following professional organizations: ASWB and APA. The California Board of Behavioral Sciences, BBS, recognizes relevant course work/training that has been approved by these nationally recognized certifying bodies to satisfy renewal requirements.
- California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-12-147-0221 Expires 02-2021
- The Texas Board of Social Work Examiners, Continuing Education Provider – 5674 expires 4/30/2020
- The Texas Board of Professional Counselors, Continuing Education Provider
- Massachusetts Authorization Number: 1941
- Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board – Provider # RCST031201 Expires 5/31/2021
- New York Social Work Board – Ce-Classes.com is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0120.
- The Florida Board of Nursing (CE Provider #: 50-4896) Expires 10/31/2020 Do not send certificates to the Florida Board of Nursing. You must keep this certificate for 4 years.
- The California Board of Registered Nursing. CEP 15647 Expires 11/30/2020.
**Licensed Professionals should contact their regulatory board to determine course approval.**
All grievances must be in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org, and will be replied to within 5-10 business days. Certificates are awarded online after completion of the workshop.
Participants print their own certificate after registering at ce-classes.com, entering a keycode provided by ATCI, and completing an evaluation form.
IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS:
Please contact Angi DeCapp at email@example.com
***EMDRIA APPROVAL # 01007-DL34 for EMDRIA CREDITS***
ADA– This workshop is in compliance with the American Disabilities Act. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if special accommodations are required.
We also offer group rates! contact email@example.com to find out more
Please note: once you have created an account, an email will be sent to you from ATCI
Refund policy: No refunds once registration is complete.
Viewing policy: 1 year from registration for the class. Viewing time beyond the 1 year will result in a $25 fee for a 1 month viewing extension.
List of Current Clinician Trainings:
Integrative Attachment Trauma Family Therapy: The Family Therapy Component of the IATP-C Model
On Demand 9 Hour Video Course →
Beyond Desensitization: EMDR to Expand the Window of Tolerance with Kids
Updated LIVE Virtual Workshop and On Demand Course →
EMDR with Children and their Family using the IATP-C Model- 2-day training
LIVE: CANADA TOUR →
Integrative Attachment Trauma Family Therapy: The Family Therapy Component of the IATP-C Model- LIVE- VIRTUAL WORKSHOP→
EMDR Integrative Attachment Trauma Protcol (IATP-C) for Children and Teens
LIVE: South Bend, Indiana Training→