Live: Indiana Training
EMDR Integrative Attachment Trauma Protocol (IATP-C) for Children and Teens
Training for EMDR Mental Health Practitioners who have completed Basic I and Basic II Training
Presenters: Debra Wesselmann,MS, LIMHP and Stefanie Armstrong MS, LIMHP
Co-Sponsored by: Crystal Whitlow, LCSW
12 Licensure Credits
12 EMDRIA Credits
Learn to implement EMDR to strengthen attachments, develop self-regulation, and heal attachment wounds rooted in a history of abuse, neglect, early medical trauma, or changes in caregivers through slides, case presentations, and over 30 videos of our work with severely traumatized, complex children. You will be able to immediately apply innovative strategies and help children and teens with even the most severe behaviors, including stealing, lying, aggression, sexualized behaviors, elimination problems, and defiance.
October 25-26, 2019 LIMITED SEATING AVAILABLE!!
YWCA – North Central Indiana
1102 S. Fellows St.
South Bend, IN 46601 Ι MAP
October 25th 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
October 26th 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
$355 Before September 27, 2019
$375 September 28- October 11th
$395 After October 11, 2019
*Non-Profits: Receive $10 OFF the prices listed above *
Qualifications for Participation
- Participants who have completed the Basic EMDR training I and II may attend.
- Instructional Level: Intermediate
This workshop is held in facilities that are in compliance with the American Disabilities Act.
Please contact email@example.com at least 3 days prior to the workshop if you need accommodations. EMDR Institute maintains responsibility for this program and its content in accordance with EMDRIA Standards.
12 EMDR Credits ce-classes.com
12 EMDRIA Credits Approval # 01007-53
- Involve parents in “detective work” to understand child behaviors from the AIP trauma model.
- Facilitate the development of self-awareness and self-regulation skills in children.
- Process preverbal trauma with EMDR through the therapeutic story.
- Help parents attune and respond with sensitivity to the emotions and traumatic memories underlying the child’s behaviors.
- Implement EMDR Attachment Resource Development (ARD) to enhance parent-child attachment prior to memory work.
- Apply EMDR Self Regulation Development and Installation (SRDI) to increase affect and behavioral regulation.
- Utilize EMDR empowerment interweaves and other creative interweaves for children with stuck brains.
- Use puppets, plays and stories to help children process the past with EMDR.
- Heal and find safety for the “inner child within the child.”
- Use EMDR with role plays to process current triggers and develop future templates.
- Learn to develop collaborative relationships with colleagues to create an effective family-EMDR treatment team.Objectives:
- Develop an EMDR treatment plan for a child with a history of attachment trauma.
- Identify an EMDR resource development method to increase the sense of attachment security between parent and child.
- Identify an EMDR resource development method to increase the child’s ability to regulate emotions.
- Name a rationale for keeping parents present during EMDR trauma work.
- Identify 3 common obstacles to reprocessing during the desensitization for children suffering from attachment trauma.
- Describe 3 “empowerment interweaves” for a child stuck in feelings of powerlessness.
- Name a rationale for the utilization of puppets, plays, stories, or drawings to target a small piece of the child’s traumatic past.
- Name a strategy for implementing future template with children who are concrete, hands-on learners.
8:00-8:30 Registration/Check in
8:30 Program Begins
- 9:00 Overview, History-taking
- 10:00 Integrative Parenting
- 10:45 BREAK
- 11:00 Conceptualizing Parts of Self
- 11:30 Decreasing Dissociation
12:30-2:00 Lunch on own
- 2:00 Preparation Phase: RDI, ARD
- 3:00 BREAK
- 3:15 Brain Work, S-RDI
- 4:00 Case Consultation
4:30 Day 1 Concludes
Saturday October 26, 2019
8:00-8:30 Check in
8:30 Program begins
- 8:30 Safety Prep for Trauma Work
- 9:00 Assessment Phase Adaptations
- 9:30 Overcoming Obstacles to Reprocessing
- 10:00 BREAK
- 10:15 Interweaves
- 11:30 Piecework
12:30-2:00 Lunch on own
- 2:00 Timeline and Therapeutic Story
- 3:00 Grief
- 3:15 BREAK
- 3:30 Current Triggers & Future Rehearsals
- 4:00 Case Consultations
4:30 Day 2 Concludes
Ce-Classes.com is approved by:
- The American Psychological Association (APA) Ce-Classes.com is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Ce-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- This course is NOT available for NBCC credit
- Florida Certification Board
- The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling Provider #852 BAP-Expires 3/31/2021
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences. Ce-Classes.com is approved to provide continuing education by the following professional organizations: ASWB and APA. The California Board of Behavioral Sciences, BBS, recognizes relevant course work/training that has been approved by these nationally recognized certifying bodies to satisfy renewal requirements.
- California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-12-147-0221 Expires 02-2021
- The Texas Board of Social Work Examiners, Continuing Education Provider – 5674 expires 4/30/2020
- The Texas Board of Professional Counselors, Continuing Education Provider
- Massachusetts Authorization Number: 1941
- New York Social Work Board – Ce-Classes.com is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of
continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0120.
- Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board – Provider #RCST031201 Expires 5/31/2021
- The Florida Board of Nursing (CE Provider #: 50-4896) Expires 10/31/2020 Do not send certificates to the Florida Board of Nursing. You must keep this certificate for 4 years.
- The California Board of Registered Nursing. CEP 15647 Expires 11/30/2020.
EMDRIA: Approval #01007-53
Click on the link below to reserve a room:
Questions please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Refund Policy: 100% refundable 30 days prior. 50% refundable 15 days prior.
List of Current Clinician Trainings:
Integrative Attachment Trauma Family Therapy: The Family Therapy Component of the IATP-C Model On Demand 9 Hour Video Course →
Beyond Desensitization: EMDR to Expand the Window of Tolerance with Kids Updated LIVE Virtual Workshop and On Demand Course →
EMDR with Children and their Family using the IATP-C Model- 2-day training LIVE: CANADA TOUR →
Integrative Attachment Trauma Family Therapy: The Family Therapy Component of the IATP-C Model- LIVE- VIRTUAL WORKSHOP→