Live: Virtual Workshop Integrative Attachment Trauma Family Therapy: The Family Therapy Component of the IATP-C Model
Integrative Attachment Trauma Family Therapy:
The Family Therapy Component of the IATP-C Model
Debra Wesselmann, MS, LIMHP, Cathy Schweitzer, MS, LIMHP and Stefanie Armstrong, MS, LIMHP
Training for EMDR and Non-EMDR Mental Health Practitioners
8 Hour LIVE Virtual Course
9 Licensure Credits- Pending Approval
Sponsored by ce-classes.com
8 EMDRIA Credits
Sponsored by emdria.org
This LIVE virtual workshop consists of two 4.5-hour virtual presentations. Watch and listen from the comfort of anywhere as Deb, Cathy, and Stefanie teach the steps of the IATP model through a colorful PowerPoint presentation, case presentations, and over thirty videos of their work with traumatized children.
October 4,2019 10:00-2:30 PM CDT
October 5,2019 10:00-2:30 PM CDT
LIVE Virtual workshop from your own personal device! (Laptop, computer, ipad, etc.)
October 4th, 2019 10:00-2:30 pm CDT (4 CEs)
October 5th, 2019 10:00-2:30 pm CDT (4 CEs)
$310 – with CE credits ( EMDR and EMDRIA credits)
$270 – for NON-PROFIT organizations
Non-Profit organizations must submit a copy of their letterhead upon registration to firstname.lastname@example.orgRegister by September 4th to receive SUPER EARLYBIRD!
This8 hour LIVE virtual workshop is intended for master’s level or doctoral level clinicians. Level of difficulty: Intermediate.
Learn the family therapy component of the integrative protocol to help children with severe behaviors such as lying, stealing, aggression, sexualized behaviors, and elimination problems. Shift parents from understanding their children as behavior problems to understanding them through the lens of trauma. Coach parents in methods that help heal and integrate their child’s brain. Learn to utilize “detective work” and the “domino method,” remove shame and create new insight for parents and children. Identify children’s negative beliefs and triggers and understand their traumatic origins. Create awareness and compassion for the inner child within the child and create a therapeutic story for healing. Learn to integrate the family therapy component with EMDR as a solo therapist or through a collaborative team for the most efficient resolution of symptoms and behaviors in traumatized children.
- Learn to integrate the family therapy component with EMDR.
- Implement the protocol as a solo EMDR therapist or through collaboration with an EMDR therapist.
- View numerous videos of work with severe trauma cases.
You will leave the workshop prepared to:
- Show parents how to make sense of the severe behaviors of their complex child through the lens of trauma.
- Identify signs of attachment disorganization related to early maltreatment or loss.
- Coach parents in managing “downstairs” meltdowns and other severe behaviors.
- Implement detective work in a non-shaming manner during family therapy to identify triggers, beliefs, and traumas driving problem behaviors.
- Implement the domino method to remove shame and help children and parents interrupt dysfunctional patterns.
- Help children strengthen their “most grown-up” self.
- Help children and parents develop compassion for the “hurt smaller child within.”
- Help avoidant children begin addressing traumatic memories and making sense of their past through psychoeducation and timeline activities.
- Write an effective therapeutic story for healing attachment trauma for children in permanent placements, foster care, or residential care.
- Teach and practice self-regulation, communication, and prosocial skills with traumatized children and their parents.
- Complete the history-taking checklist regarding a hypothetical child case, identifying the child’s problem behaviors, early traumas, possible negative beliefs, and triggers.
- Identify 3 reminders for parents that can help parents become more attuned and supportive of the traumatized child.
- Identify 2 rationale for introducing the concept of “the smaller child within the child.”
- Identify 3 questions to help parents and child understand and interrupt “the domino effect.”
- Name 2 errors that can change the written therapeutic story from therapeutic to non-therapeutic.
Module One (Thursday, Oct. 4th, 2019):
10:00-11:00 Conceptualization of Attachment Trauma through AIP Model and Overview of Integrative Model
11:00-12:00 Integrative Parenting Approach
12:00-1:00 Mindfulness/Recognizing the Smaller Child Within
Module Two (Friday, Oct. 5th, 2019):
10:00-11:00 Detective Work
1:00-2:00 Therapeutic Story
2:00-2:30 Dissociation/Q & A
Ce-Classes.com is approved by:
- The American Psychological Association (APA) Ce-Classes.com is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Ce-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- This course is NOT available for NBCC credit
- Florida Certification Board
- The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling Provider #852 BAP-Expires 3/31/2021
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences. Ce-Classes.com is approved to provide continuing education by the following professional organizations: ASWB and APA. The California Board of Behavioral Sciences, BBS, recognizes relevant course work/training that has been approved by these nationally recognized certifying bodies to satisfy renewal requirements.
- California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-12-147-0221 Expires 02-2021
- The Texas Board of Social Work Examiners, Continuing Education Provider – 5674 expires 4/30/2020
- The Texas Board of Professional Counselors, Continuing Education Provider
- Massachusetts Authorization Number: 1941
- Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board – Provider #RCST031201 Expires 5/31/2021
- New York Social Work Board – Ce-Classes.com is recognized by the New York State Education
Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of
continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0120.
- The Florida Board of Nursing (CE Provider #: 50-4896) Expires 10/31/2020 Do not send certificates to the Florida Board of Nursing. You must keep this certificate for 4 years.
- The California Board of Registered Nursing. CEP 15647 Expires 11/30/2020.
All grievances must be in writing to email@example.com, and will be replied to within 5-10 business days.
Certificates are awarded online after completion of the workshop. Participants print their own certificate after registering at ce-classes.com, entering a keycode, and completing an evaluation form.
Licensed Professionals should contact their regulatory board to determine course approval.
IF YOU HAVE SPECIAL NEEDS, DISABILITY OR CONCERNS:
Please contact Angi DeCapp @ 515-557-0066 or firstname.lastname@example.org
EMDRIA: Approval #01007-54
IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS: Please contact Angi DeCapp at email@example.com
Register by September 4th to receive $40 OFF!!
List of Current Clinician Trainings:
EMDR Integrative Attachment Trauma Protocol for Children On Demand 12 Hour Video Course →
Integrative Attachment Trauma Family Therapy: The Family Therapy Component of the IATP-C Model On Demand 9 Hour Video Course →
Beyond Desensitization: EMDR to Expand the Window of Tolerance with Kids Updated LIVE Virtual Workshop and On Demand Course →
EMDR with Children and their Family using the IATP-C Model- 2-day training LIVE: CANADA TOUR →
EMDR Integrative Attachment Trauma Protcol (IATP-C) for Children and Teens LIVE: South Bend, Indiana Training→