On Demand 9 Hour Video Course
Integrative Attachment Trauma Family Therapy:
The Family Therapy Component of the IATP-C Model
Debra Wesselmann, MS, LIMHP, Cathy Schweitzer, MS, LIMHP and Stefanie Armstrong, MS, LIMHP
Training for EMDR and Non-EMDR Mental Health Practitioners
9 Hour Video Course
9 CE credits approved by Ce-classes.com
9 EMDRIA Credits
The webinar consists of three 3-hour pre-recorded videos. Watch and listen from the comfort of anywhere as Deb, Cathy, and Stefanie teach the steps of the IATP model through a colorful PowerPoint presentation, case presentations, and over thirty videos of their work with traumatized children.
This 9 hour on demand course is intended for master’s level or doctoral level clinicians. Level of difficulty: Intermediate.
Learn the family therapy component of the integrative protocol to help children with severe behaviors such as lying, stealing, aggression, sexualized behaviors, and elimination problems. Shift parents from understanding their children as behavior problems to understanding them through the lens of trauma. Coach parents in methods that help heal and integrate their child’s brain. Learn to utilize “detective work” and the “domino method,” remove shame and create new insight for parents and children. Identify children’s negative beliefs and triggers and understand their traumatic origins. Create awareness and compassion for the inner child within the child and create a therapeutic story for healing. Learn to integrate the family therapy component with EMDR as a solo therapist or through a collaborative team for the most efficient resolution of symptoms and behaviors in traumatized children.
- Learn to integrate the family therapy component with EMDR.
- Implement the protocol as a solo EMDR therapist or through collaboration with an EMDR therapist.
- View numerous videos of work with severe trauma cases.
You will leave the workshop prepared to:
- Show parents how to make sense of the severe behaviors of their complex child through the lens of trauma.
- Identify signs of attachment disorganization related to early maltreatment or loss.
- Coach parents in managing “downstairs” meltdowns and other severe behaviors.
- Implement detective work in a non-shaming manner during family therapy to identify triggers, beliefs, and traumas driving problem behaviors.
- Implement the domino method to remove shame and help children and parents interrupt dysfunctional patterns.
- Help children strengthen their “most grown-up” self.
- Help children and parents develop compassion for the “hurt smaller child within.”
- Help avoidant children begin addressing traumatic memories and making sense of their past through psychoeducation and timeline activities.
- Write an effective therapeutic story for healing attachment trauma for children in permanent placements, foster care, or residential care.
- Teach and practice self-regulation, communication, and prosocial skills with traumatized children and their parents.
Debra Wesselmann, MS, LIMHP, Cathy Schweitzer, MS, LIMHP, and Stefanie Armstrong, MS, LIMHP, are internationally known trauma specialists, trainers, and co-authors. The presenters also offer individual and group parent coaching. Learn More →
- Complete the history-taking checklist regarding a hypothetical child case, identifying the child’s problem behaviors, early traumas, possible negative beliefs, and triggers.
- Identify 3 reminders for parents that can help parents become more attuned and supportive of the traumatized child.
- Identify 2 rationale for introducing the concept of “the smaller child within the child.”
- Identify 3 questions to help parents and child understand and interrupt “the domino effect.”
- Name 2 errors that can change the written therapeutic story from therapeutic to non-therapeutic.
- Conceptualization of Attachment Trauma through AIP Model and Overview of Integrative Model
- Helping Parents Respond with Attunement
- Mindfulness/Recognizing the Smaller Child Within
- Detective Work
- Therapeutic Story
- Dissociation/Q & A
The American Psychological Association (APA) Ce-Classes.com is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Ce-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) CE-Classes.com, provider #1142, is approved as a provider for social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) www.aswb.org, through the Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. CE-Classes.com maintains responsibility for the program. ASWB Approval Period: 1/5/2017-1/5/2020.
Social workers should contact their regulatory board to determine course approval.
- This course is NOT available for NBCC credit
- The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling Provider #852 BAP-Expires 3/31/2019
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences. Ce-Classes.com is approved to provide continuing education by the following professional organizations: ASWB and APA. The California Board of Behavioral Sciences, BBS, recognizes relevant course work/training that has been approved by these nationally recognized certifying bodies to satisfy renewal requirements.
- The California Association of Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Counselors (CAADAC) Provider Number OS-12-174-1116 Expires 11-2018
- The Texas Board of Social Work Examiners, Continuing Education Provider – 5674 expires 4/30/2019.
- The Texas Board of Professional Counselors, Continuing Education Provider – 1622 expires 2/28/2019.
- Massachusetts Authorization Number: (TBD)
- Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board – Provider # RCST031201 Expires 5/31/2019
- New York Social Work Board NYSED Provider #120
- The Florida Board of Nursing (CE Provider #: 50-4896) Expires 10/31/2018 Do not send certificates to the Florida Board of Nursing. You must keep this certificate for 4 years.
- The California Board of Registered Nursing. CEP 15647 Expires 11/30/2018.
- New York Social Work Board NYSED Provider #120
IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS:
Please contact Angi DeCapp at email@example.com
***EMDRIA APPROVAL # 01007-DL39 for EMDRIA CREDITS***
We also offer group rates! contact firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more
Please note: once you have created an account, an email will be sent to you from ATCI to complete payment for the course and gain access. It is important to use an email to create your account that you plan to use to access the course in the future.
Refund policy: No refunds once registration is complete.
Viewing policy: 6 months from registration for the class. Viewing time beyond the 6 months will result in a $25 fee for a 1 month viewing extension.
List of Current Clinician Trainings:
- EMDR Integrative Attachment Trauma Protocol for Children(IATP-C)
On Demand 12 Hour Video Course (Learn more and register HERE)
- Beyond Desensitization: Expanding Children’s Window of Tolerance with EMDR Therapy
On Demand 6 Hour Video Course (Learn more an register HERE)
- EMDR with Children and their Family using the IATP-C Model- 2-day training
LIVE: Toronto, Ontario Training (Learn More)