Beyond Desensitization: EMDR to Expand the Window of Tolerance with Children/Teens
Children and teens with a traumatic past are often reactive to ordinary present-day feelings and events in addition to direct reminders of trauma such as a difficult math assignment or interruption of playtime. Participants will learn to implement EMDR therapy with the goal of expanding children’s feelings tolerance to ordinary daily stressors and eliminating meltdowns, aggression, and other reactive behaviors. Lecture and videos will illustrate creative methods for activating emotions in session, playful methods of engaging children in processing, and interweaves to activate processing, strengthen emotional coping, and deepen the experience of self-regulation.
Participants will be able to…
- Apply the feelings brain-thinking brain activity to increase access to adaptive information.
- Initiate Self-Regulation Development and Installation through coaching the child/teen who is dysregulated in session and reinforcing the positive shift with BLS.
- Implement the domino activity followed immediately by EMDR Future Rehearsal with a child/teen who easily dysregulates.
- Apply an ego state interweave during EMDR reprocessing of a current trigger with a child/teen with a history of developmental trauma.
1 hour Activating the Thinking Brain and De-escalating Shame
1 hour Expanding the Window through S-RDI
1 hour Dominoes, Future Rehearsals, and Two-Drawings
1 hour Interactive and Ego State Interweaves for Processing Current Triggers
CE and EMDRIA Information
CE-Classes.com is approved by:
- The American Psychological Association (APA) CE-Classes.com is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. CE-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- This course is NOT available for NBCC credit
- This training does not offer ASWB ACE credit to social workers.
- Florida Certification Board
- The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling Provider #852 BAP-Expires 3/31/2023
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences. The California Board of Behavioral Sciences, BBS, recognizes relevant course work/training that has been approved by nationally recognized certifying bodies, such as APA, to satisfy renewal requirements.
- California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-12-147-0221 Expires 02-2023
- The Texas Board of Social Work Examiners, Continuing Education Provider – 5674 expires 4/30/2021
- The Texas Board of Professional Counselors, Continuing Education Provider
- Massachusetts Authorization Number: (TBD)
- Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board – Provider # RCST031201 Expires 5/31/2021
- New York Social Work Board – CE-Classes.com is recognized by the New York State Education
Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of
continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0120.
- The Florida Board of Nursing (CE Provider #: 50-4896) Expires 10/31/2022 Do not send certificates to the Florida Board of Nursing. You must keep this certificate for 4 years.
- The California Board of Registered Nursing. CEP 15647 Expires 11/30/2022.
- **Licensed Professionals should contact their regulatory board to determine course approval.**
- All grievances must be in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org, and will be replied to within 5-10 business days.
- Certificates are awarded online after completion of the workshop.Participants print their own certificate after registering at ce-classes.com, entering a keycode provided by ATCI, and completing an evaluation form.
- EMDRIA: Approval #01007-DL52
- Refund policy: No refunds once registration is complete. Viewing policy: 1 year from registration for the course.