Practical Strategies for Treating Problematic Dissociation and Regression in Children/Teens
This 6 hour presentation provides in-depth treatment methods for more severe dissociative symptoms observed in children and adolescents. Scripts provide appropriate language for creating an environment that supports neurological integration. Participants will be able to create internal safety, time orientation, and healthy internal boundaries to replace dissociative barriers. Participants will be able to implement strategies to eliminate regression and trouble-shoot parent behaviors that inadvertently reinforce regression and habitual dissociation. Participants will be able to help children and teens reduce fear of feelings and body sensations and implement strategies for safe EMDR reprocessing with dissociative children/teens.
Participants will be able to…
- Identify symptoms of more severe dissociation.
- Demonstrate language for dissociation psychoeducation with parents and children.
- Recognize beliefs that may be increasing dissociation and reinforce beliefs that decrease dissociation.
- Apply resource activity for strengthening the most mature state, incorporating BLS.
- Apply activity for enhancing safe places and a nurturing internal connection for younger parts of self with children/teens, incorporating BLS.
- Apply time orientation activity for younger parts of self with children/teens, enhanced with BLS.
- Apply strategies to interrupt habitual dissociation in children/teens.
- Apply activity for facilitating dialogue with the protector or the critic with children and teens.
- Apply strategies for transitioning safely into EMDR trauma work with dissociative children.
TIMES BELOW ARE APPROXIMATE:
45 minutes: The varied symptoms and their etiology/ Why internal boundaries lead to brain integration
45 minutes: Addressing beliefs that support dissociation/ Homework for parents/ Creating a healthy internal team
45 minutes: Enhancing internal attachments and safe places for parts/ Time orientation for younger parts of self
30 minutes: Addressing habitual dissociation
15 minutes: Time orientation through past and present drawings
30 minutes: Trouble-shooting regression with parents and children or teens
30 minutes: Critical points of intervention with Jane/ Experiencing feelings from most grown-up self
60 minutes: Working with parts of self with other roles and behaviors/ Interventions with Mary
30 minutes: Trauma work with highly dissociative children
30 minutes: Incorporating the body/Teaching points for parents and children
ADA statement – We are compliant with rules of ADA. If you have any special needs, please contact Angi @ email@example.com
EMDRIA: Approval #01007-DL61
Refund policy: No refunds once registration is complete. Viewing policy: 1 year from registration for the course.