NEW! EMDRIA Credits ONLY- Tips and Tricks
This 2 hour workshop is intended for clinicians who have completed EMDR Basic Training I and II.
Level of difficulty: Intermediate
Participants will be able to…
1. Demonstrate at least 4 methods of effective BLS (modality and speed) that can be utilized with children in person or online.
2. Set up environmental cues to help the child stay time-oriented throughout phase 4.
3. Describe a “trick” for helping the child to notice “what’s there now” following each set.
4. Name and interweave that empowers the child stuck in powerlessness.
5. Describe a “tip” for closing an incomplete session in a safe way.
- The mechanics of the bilateral stimulation
- What’s so important about speed?
- Objects for co-regulation
- Guiding parents to co-regulate without interrupting the process
- Setting up the target with a cue for time orientation
- Effectively responding to the “I don’t know”
- Determining length of set
- “What’s there now?” Helping the child to really notice “what’s there.”
- Interweaves that don’t interrupt
- Helpful interweaves for
1. Accessing feelings and body sensation
2. Time orientation, regulation, and empowerment
- Working through “a little bit” at a time and closing the session safely
EMDRIA: Approval #01007-DL60