Tips and Tricks for EMDR Phase 4 Processing for Attachment Trauma in Children
Whether virtual or in-person, phase 4 EMDR trauma processing can effectively reduce trauma symptoms in children affected by severe, early trauma. However, without some tips and tricks, the phase 4 processing can get blocked due to dissociation, fear of the feelings, inability to self-reflect, and lack of adaptive information. This 2-hour seminar will zero in specifically on the reprocessing phase and how to overcome roadblocks.
Participants will be able to…
1. Demonstrate at least 4 methods of effective BLS (modality and speed) that can be utilized with children in person or online.
2. Set up environmental cues to help the child stay time-oriented throughout phase 4.
3. Describe a “trick” for helping the child to notice “what’s there now” following each set.
4. Name and interweave that empowers the child stuck in powerlessness.
5. Describe a “tip” for closing an incomplete session in a safe way.
To see trainer info please visit our About Us page