Attachment-Trauma Specific Interventions for Families: Integrative Protocol (IATP-C)
This 8-hour presentation will give you practical interventions you can use immediately for traumatized children with severe behaviors such as lying, stealing, aggression, sexualized behaviors, and elimination problems. You will develop a common language of healing, interventions to regulate the mind and body and directly, yet gently, address trauma for the families in your practice. In the context of the family therapy work, you will be able to educate parents in Integrative Parenting methods that help integrate their child’s brain. By working with children and parents to identify children’s negative beliefs and triggers as well as touchstone trauma memories, you will be able to shift parents and children to view behaviors through the trauma lens and provide vital information to the EMDR therapist. You will be able to implement “Detective work” and the “domino method” to remove shame and create new insight for parents and children. Practitioners will create awareness and compassion for the inner child within the child and create a therapeutic story for healing. The family therapy component can be implemented as a solo therapist or as part of the IATP-C team for the most efficient resolution of symptoms and behaviors in traumatized children.
Participants will be able to:
1. Identify the problem behaviors, early traumas, possible negative beliefs, and triggers using the history-taking checklist regarding a child client.
2. Recall 3 reminders for parents that can help parents become more attuned and supportive of the traumatized child.
3. Identify 2 rationale for introducing the concept of “the smaller child within the child.”
4. Identify 3 questions to help parents and child understand and interrupt “the domino effect.”
5. Identify 2 errors that can change the written therapeutic story from therapeutic to non-therapeutic.
1 hour Conceptualization of Attachment Trauma through AIP Model and Overview of Integrative Model
1 hour Integrative Parenting Approach
1 hour Mindfulness/Recognizing the Smaller Child Within
1.5 hours Brainwork
1 hour Detective Work
1 hour Dominoes
1 hour Meltdowns
1 hour Therapeutic Story
1.5 hours Dissociation/Q & A
CE and EMDRIA Information
This Ce-Classes.com course is approved for CE credit by:
- The American Psychological Association (APA) Ce-Classes.com is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Ce-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- This course is NOT available for NBCC credit.
- This training does not offer ASWB ACE credit to social workers.
- The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling Provider #852 BAP-Expires 3/31/2021
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences. The California Board of Behavioral Sciences, BBS, recognizes relevant course work/training that has been approved by nationally recognized certifying bodies, such as APA, to satisfy renewal requirements.
- California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-12-147-0221 Expires 2-2021
- The Texas Board of Social Work Examiners, Continuing Education Provider – 5674 expires 4/30/2020.
- The Texas Board of Professional Counselors, Continuing Education Provider
- Massachusetts Authorization Number: 2160
- Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board – Provider # RCST031201 Expires 5/31/2021
- New York Social Work Board – Ce-Classes.com is recognized by the New York State Education
Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of
continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0120.
- The Florida Board of Nursing (CE Provider #: 50-4896) Expires 10/31/2020 Do not send certificates to the Florida Board of Nursing. You must keep this certificate for 4 years.
- The California Board of Registered Nursing. CEP 15647 Expires 11/30/2020.
**Licensed Professionals should contact their regulatory board to determine course approval.**
All grievances must be in writing to email@example.com and will be replied to within 5-10 business days. Certificates are awarded online after completion of the workshop.
Certificates are awarded online after completion of the workshop. Participants print their own certificate after registering at CE-Classes.com, entering a keycode, and completing an examination.
Licensed Professionals should contact their regulatory board to determine course approval.
There is no known commercial support for this program
This workshop is held in facilities which are in compliance with the Americans Disabilities Act. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if special accommodation is required.
EMDRIA: Approval #01007-DL39
Refund policy: No refunds once registration is complete. Viewing policy: 1 year from registration for the course.
Debra Wesselmann, MS, LIMHP, Cathy Schweitzer, MS, LIMHP, and Stefanie Armstrong, MS, LIMHP, are internationally known trauma specialists, trainers, and co-authors. The presenters also offer individual and group parent coaching. Learn More →